I felt the need to put something up a little bit earlier than planned. If you follow me on Twitter, I mentioned I wouldn’t be putting up anything about the video until this coming Sunday the earliest. I need the initial shock of the MV to settle in before I can repeatedly watch it for an analysis. But since the video has come out, my MV Analysis of the prologue has shot up over 1k views in one day, which has NEVER happened. So thank you! For that, this post has been paid.
I’ve now watched the video twice and there are some things I noticed and will go back and look into more. But for now, here’s a list or even a small outline of what I’ve noticed during my two watches and will expand upon once I am able to sit down and piece together an analysis.
- I’m starting to think that J-Hope and Jimin’s scenes are related to one another considering they’ve both taken place in a bathroom. Not to mention, in RUN, Jimin is thrown into a bathtub (by Jin no less), and that’s how he dies in the I Need You. Not to mention, Jimin meets J-Hope in a very plain bedroom considering narcolepsy is J-Hope’s issue.
- Jin… actually may not be alive. There is something about this video that’s overturning my previous theory of Jin being the only one surviving member. Jin is dropping too many hints that something happened to him.
- I’ll even go a step further to even say that in I Need You, Jin might have been dead and the petals represented the members that were still alive.
- The interaction between Suga and Jungkook is more intense than before. In the Prologue, Suga is looking out for Jungkook, while in RUN, their roles seem to be reversed.
- If I’m not mistaken, V is drawing the same design he did on the wall in the Prologue in his scene with Rap Monster during RUN.
- To expand on this, V and Rap Monster weren’t paired together during the Prologue and now they are. Both of them were pretty much solo before considering V isolated himself from everyone.
- Also to add to the scene when they get arrested, the following quote got stuck in my head: “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun’.”
- While some of the focus is on Jin (and the subtle House of Cards reference), I have a feeling that RUN is sort of about Jungkook? Or at least maybe seen through his eyes. There was a lot of focus on him in this video, I feel.
- V could have lived after the Prologue since he’s seen struggling, and then standing in the water, not allowing himself to drown. (Plus that’s not original, Jimin already did that.)
- Speaking of Jimin, he’s the only person to actively do something to a Poloroid picture that’s been taken by someone in the group. (I mention the group because we don’t know how V got that picture that he crumbled up in the Prologue, plus it’s not of any of the members).
- Not to mention, he’s repeating the same action from I Need You.
- Now I think about it, all of the members repeat the same actions in some form:
- Jin making eye contact with the camera.
- Jungkook looking back.
- Jimin burning something while being in the tub.
- Rap Monster dropping the lollipop.
- Suga puts his arm around Jungkook.
- V uses spray paint (but this links to the Prologue and not I Need You, which I may have missed the action in RUN).
- Fun note: Rap Monster is wearing the same sweater B.I. did in Airplane.
- Bonus round: probably going to hear people complain more about the similarities of BIGBANG and BTS (Lies and Most Beautiful Moment in Life has already been compared to BIGBANG’s Sober.).
There will be more considering I noticed these things within two watches. And I have a feeling that if another video comes out, I’m sure it will add onto the storyline because there is no closure. But for now, please look forward to next week for my analysis post.
Tell me if you noticed anything more or didn’t catch what I mentioned. If you leave a comment, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.